Insight Team . London, UK
At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes in the world around the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Innovation you will join a growing team where you will be analysing, cleaning, and structuring reward’s extremely rich data sources to produce aggregated data visualisations and data sets.
You would work with a mix of charity, local government and business clients to provide data they need to understand their customers, the impact of investments or events on customers and businesses and to react to changing local and national trends.
You will also assist the team with developing tools and data structures to improve efficiency and accuracy throughout.
Working alongside the R-Insight team your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform hands on analytical work including database querying, coding, report building, and statistical modelling.
- Perform research, verification and matching tasks to maintain high data accuracy.
- Prepare charts and other data visualisation for output to external clients and internal teams.
- Work with AMs and external clients to understand analysis requirements and propose solutions
This role will suit an individual with an ambition to develop and advance in a growing organisation.
Required Expertise, Experience & Key Skills
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience of analytics work especially large scale transactional data e.g., credit/debit cards and mapping or geolocation projects
- SQL: writing and troubleshooting queries involving complex joins, functions, aggregations, subqueries etc. (We use MS SQL Server, but experience in any version of SQL would be transferable).
- Efficient with Microsoft office especially Excel: creating and adapting spreadsheet models including complex formulae, charts, pivots, array functions, lookups etc
- Sound mathematical and logical reasoning with the ability to bring structure to complex problems
- Strong communicator with the ability to deal with complex issues clearly in writing, and face to face
- Brings a methodical, organised approach to tasks, maintaining attention to detail under time pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time. Understands the importance of hitting deadlines and managing client expectations in a fast-paced, deal-driven commercial environment
- Holds themselves to high standards in both quality and quantity of work
- Enjoys coding and using tools to analyse, summarise and present data
- Tableau: creating reports, dashboards. (We use Tableau, but experience with any visualisation tool such as MS PowerBI or Google Data Studio would be transferable)
- Python: experience with libraries for data querying, visualisation and statistical analysis
- AWS: Experience using Amazon web services especially S3 and Athena (also Glue or Lambda)
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject, economics, operational research, or data science
- Knowledge in MarTech space a plus
- Be commercially aware with an interest in business, economy and retail.
- Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown – 4% matched contribution
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
- Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
- Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent).
- Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
- Flexible working options – we are operating a hybrid working model from our Belfast office (to be agreed with your manager)
- Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few
GET IN TOUCH
Floor 7, Centre House
79 Chichester Street
12 Portland Street
Copyright Sports Loyalty Card Limited 2021. All Rights Reserved
Reward is PCI Level 1 certified and assured by KPMG to ISAE3000 standards