Head of Business Development
Retail Partnerships – London, UK
At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes in the world around the world.
As an integral key to new business revenue within Reward, this individual will know how to walk the line between being a strong individual contributor but also managing and leading a team (player/coach role).
Leading the UK sales team to deliver the group sales vision, exceed performance targets and continually improve performance across the business development department. We are looking for a confident Head of Business Development who will lead, coach and help build a strong team of sales individuals whilst also individually closing business with some of the UK’s largest brands.
Reporting into the Global Commercial Director, the Head of Business Development will be accountable for the performance of new business generation within the UK sales team. He/she is also expected that they take full ownership for sales excellence, process and performance management.
- Manage and oversee the UK business development unit
- Play a role in developing strategy, in line with the group sales vision, in order to meet and exceed sales goals/targets
- Work cross-departmentally in a collaborative manner with sales development and marketing in order to maximise results
- Take ownership of financial forecasting and KPI reporting and feed back to senior sales leaders in the business, which will set the baseline for budget setting and strategic decisions
- Develop and implement strategies for the effective targeting and acquisition of key clients/ sectors based on market trends and company/ division vision
- Conduct product, knowledge and skills training to enable sales staff to be efficient and effective
- Oversee recruitment, training, coaching and development of new business employees
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of prospects to achieve revenue targets
- Hones and delivers a skilled sales pitch to potential clients, either by phone or in person, to secure their engagement
- Detail pricing and negotiate costs when necessary
- Facilitate successful sales by collecting client information and requirements
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s sales process
- Works to maximise sales and meet targets in the short and long term
You should be confident in your abilities to secure new business revenue, delivering strategic campaigns to drive profitable growth for our partners and are always searching for that next win. Ultimately, you must be a passionate and outgoing individual, commercially driven and excited by the opportunity to work within a high performing team.
Required Expertise, Experience & Key Skills
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- Ideally 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Proficiency with CRM software
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
- Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown – 4% matched contribution
- Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
- Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents.
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent).
- Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
- Flexible working options – we are operating a hybrid working model from our London office (to be agreed with your manager)
- Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few
GET IN TOUCH
Floor 7, Centre House
79 Chichester Street
12 Little Portland Street
Copyright Sports Loyalty Card Limited 2021. All Rights Reserved
Reward is PCI Level 1 certified and assured by KPMG to ISAE3000 standards